pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Last Day Here

2:00 pm It's raining gently in Firenze. The hours are ticking away. The church bells dominate the spooky silence of the streets which are now emptied of tourists. It's quiet...the Christmas lights are gone. This is the real Florence. I just returned from the bike store to say goodbye to everyone and to pick up my club jersey. I love these people. As I walked back home in the gentle rain, I could only think of my thirst to return.

It is now 8:30 pm. Nicola just stopped by to sign our lease. Like an angel out of heaven...how could he have known? He brought me a little present....La Scala's DVD production of "Il Trittico". (with Cappuccilli, Martinucci, Sass and Pons). And the first thing he said...."this is the best "O Mio Bambino Caro" ever sung. How could he have known? Again the voice came, just like it did with Lucia. Clearly a sign from heaven. From the moment I arrived in Italy....until my very parting hour, these are the "signs" and little miracles that have happened to me. It is clear that my life here has only just begun.