pubblicità

pubblicità

Thursday, May 26, 2011

How Did You Get this Job?

The question comes up almost every day, serving as a constant reminder of destiny's power and how fortunately life brought me here.  Usually while I am leading a starry eyed group.  They are riding behind me.  As the Tuscan landscape opens up in front of us there is a sudden silence behind me, followed by oohs and aahs.  And then the question.....how did you get this job?  They have read and heard of fairy tale tuscany,  and for most of them, this is the first time they are seeing it.

There isn't a day that goes by that I am not asked this question, by bewildered people of every age and walk of life.  Students, honeymooners, mothers, grandmothers, people who have had fleeting visions of Tuscany provoked by a book or a movie.  They all wonder how did I get here, how did I get this job. 

Shall I tell them that being a senior executive in America's largest financial institution for 27 years was a prerequisite?  Ironic, but true.  And impossible to explain.