pubblicità

pubblicità

Friday, March 23, 2012

Change


This morning I reached into my purse to pay for a cappucino and out came these quarters. It's funny how a little thing can be so momentarily striking and thought provoking.  I was caught by surprise because I must have put them there when I was in California a month ago.  It just seems so far away, another lifetime.

It made me think of how much my life has changed and how fortunate I am to have found my new life in Italy.  Every day my feet get planted deeper and deeper into the Italian earth.

Tonight while walking down my street, a violinist was on the sidewalk playing the softest Vivaldi. Not an uncommon sight in the zone where I live.  Along with a loose Euro, I dropped the quarters in his violin case and thanked him for adding such sweet music to this glorious spring day in Florence.