pubblicità

pubblicità

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Closing Down My Blog For a While

.
I started my blog almost 4 years ago when I first came to Florence to study and immerse myself in the culture and the language.  Little did I know that this experience would lead me to a permanent life in Italy.

My blog started as a way to keep in touch with my friends and let them know what was happening to me day-by-day.  However, in the past several months, I realize that my blog is not what it used to be.  Instead of being a spontaneous way of celebrating each and every glorious day that I live in Firenze, it has become an infrequent and calculated commentary on diverse subjects that strike me at the moment.

But there are so many people out there who do that!  I am no expert and I don't want to be one.  I just want to be true to my blog and feel the freedom that I once had in freely expressing my feelings.

For some reason, perhaps because my blog has gone global, I've been feeling very conscious about what I write, because my audience is so diverse and so anonymous.  And that's not what I originally intended my blog to be.  As a result, I have not been true to myself, because I feel that in a way, my privacy has been compromised, and as a result, I am reluctant to express my silly and passionate feelings about my amazing "every-day" life in the city that has fulfilled every single dream I've ever had.

So, I have decided to temporarily shut-down my blog, until I can allow myself to write freely again, without paying attention to every word, without worrying about if people who I don't even know are criticizing me, without caring who thinks what of me.  I don't want to proof-read, I don't want to do anything but write about the glorious life that I have realized in Florence.

I will continue writing in my blog, but in privacy.  I will write more frequently, maybe every day.  I need the juices to start flowing again, because every moment that I spend living here is precious.  Too precious not to write about.

I intend to open my blog up again....as soon as it flows the way it used to, and as soon as I feel that it is once again what I originally intended it to be! I don't know when that will be!

I know I will lose readers and that's okay, because that is not my objective.  When I open my blog again, I will post a note on Facebook and on Networked Blogs and other portals, to let you know that my blog is "alive" again, "whenever that is".  So, maybe we will meet again!  Thank you for your interest.