pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ride to Tavarnelle


Today's 90k ride was a blast....It seems that Sunday is the day that everyone comes out. We passed through quintessential Chianti country and I wish I could have stopped to take photos, especially on the climbs, which were tough, but beautiful. There were thousands of cyclists out today, everywhere. I'm a perfect match for this group...they are friendly, passionate, always looking out for each other, with a strong sense of cameraderie and family. They're kind of like big men who are out there having fun like little boys. Each ride feels like a playful adventure. My Italian is coming along too slowly...I am constantly searching for words to express myself, and feel like a real dummy because I can't communicate. Yet, everyone seems to like me in spite of my ignorance. On the way back, Lia was waiting for us with cookies and she took the group photos above. As we descended into Florence from Piazza Michelangelo, with the vista of Florence in front of me, I couldn't believe that I'm really here, and that I just had one of the most memorable rides of my life. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1360384