pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Monday, October 26, 2009

No Cars, No Busses, No Noise!

Today I am living in a different world. Florence has literally changed overnight. Yesterday was the celebration of Florence closing its doors to vehicular traffic, and today was the first day living this reality! All of a sudden, my neighborhood feels like a totally different place. I don't know how it could have gotten better, but it did.

This is what it must have been like when there were only horses trotting through the narrow alleys and elegant piazzas. Florence has a completely different feel. It already felt like heaven. Now it feels like heaven plus.

Today I spent a couple of hours riding around on my city bike in the area of the Duomo, just asorbing the new sense of peace, reverence and respect that now permeates the air. The reverence that Florence deserves.