pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Friday, August 7, 2009

Me? Take a Nap?

I'm still holding out. I just can't do it. But they all say that it's just a matter of time, and that I must "give in" sooner or later, or else I will burn out.

It's just the way life is lived here. I've been sticking to my American habits and find it hard to adjust my whole lifestyle not to mention my body, to a whole new pattern of sleeping and living.

You see, it really is true that everything shuts down here between the hours of 12:30 and 2:30PM. Everyone goes home to eat and take naps. So it's a time where there's not much for me to do, since everything is closed anyway. Then by 3PM everyone is reinvigorated, and they all work late, eat late, go out late (concerts and performances don't start until 9:30PM).

The reason why they can live such abundant lives and suck everything out of their day, is because they take their afternoon nap.

I am realizing that I will have to try to start doing this. Because after a day of working on my bike, it is hard to commit to going out at night because I am too tired. But, if I take a nap in the afternoon, I should be able to stretch out my day and enjoy the evenings to their fullest.

I'll let you know when I do!