pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another Day in Training

It was a fascinating day on the bike, training to be a bike tour guide along a route that starts in Florence with a destination to the villa of Fattoria Torre a Cona, a sumptuous Tuscan wine and olive estate. Not only were my cycling and leadership skills tested today, but also my mechanical skills....I had to fix a flat almost immediately!...Along the route we paused for some local history at vineyards and olive groves to tell the story of Chianti country. At each stop I gained more technical knowledge about local wine and olive oil production. I took some serious notes, since I'll be responsible for telling this story in the future! It was an outstanding learning experience. At the villa we enjoyed lunch, including 3 varieties of wine that are produced at the estate, took a swim and had a private tour of the estate's wine cellars and olive mills. We then cycled back to Florence, and I agreed to take the job!