pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Work or Play?

I just returned from the Amalfi Coast, where I guided my first official bike tour for Best Tuscan Tours. Everything "clicked". Roberto and I made a great team, the weather cooperated, and everything went as planned. Our clients, Mark and Rene were fun, fit, and had an excellent experience. It was gratifying to share with them my love for Campania, the land of my roots, and to guide them along the roads of this most romantic, spectacular part of Italy. It felt like a privilege, not a job. But more than anything else, it was rewarding to hear their "oohs and aaahs" as they gasped in awe at the views, the seaside villages of Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, while climbing these spectacular cliffs. There are times when I have to "pinch" myself, because I really can't believe that this is happening to me. I couldn't be happier, and I love sharing my passion and happiness with others.

As we departed from Naples, Roberto pulled off the autostrada to take a quick diversion to his favorite mozzarella factory, La Contadina. According to Roberto, this place makes the best mozzarella di bufala in Campania. He bought several kilos of mozzarella of every type and called his wife Patrizia, to let her know that he's got dinner. He also bought bocconcini (small mouthfuls of mozzarella) for us to eat in the van during our drive back to Florence.