pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Checking Out the Bike Shop

Today I took a ride to the bike store to meet Lorenzo and Lia, who work for the shop, who I contacted from the States when I first planned my trip to Florence. In fact, my selection criteria for the location of a potential apartment was: proximity to a bike shop, the schools and the palestra, in that order ! The only thing I wasn't prepared for,was the open arms with which they welcomed me, and the time they spent with me reviewing maps and showing me routes to help me to get acquainted with the roads best for cycling. Andrea tightened up my pedals, gave the bike a once-over and complimented me on how well I reassembled the bike. Lorenzo took my number and invited me to ride with the group next weekend. (But I'll be in Ischia). I then took a spin around the city center and enjoyed getting acquainted with my new neighborhood.