pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Benvenuto alla mia Bicicletta!

When I boarded my flight from LAX to Firenze, I never expected even for a moment, that my bike would arrive in Florence with me. I was prepared to deal with it, so I didn't panic when the baggage carousel came to a halt and I realized that I was the last one standing all alone in the baggage claim area. My Colnago was lost in space. I calmly went to the service desk and smiled to myself as everyone else in the line made a scene. I had my first experience dealing with the inefficiencies of the system....I simply filed a claim, gave them my phone number and address, hopped a taxi and forgot about it. Assolutamente nessuna problema!!! I knew my bike would eventually find me. After 13 years there was no way I would lose it now...not after all the time we've spent together...so many times in Italy... so many tens of thousand of miles together...my bike has a life of its own. And it belongs in Italy too, where it came from. I knew she'd make it back "home". So, after communicating with the "lost & found" for 4 days, my Colnago and I were reuinited. Perfect timing. It gave me a chance to get settled in my apartment, and today I assembled the bike and smiled. I am here. My bike is here with me. And we are going out for a ride together tomorrow!