pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Friday, July 24, 2009

Finally Found Some Manubri !!

After having abandonned the idea of joining a palestra (gym) I decided that with a little bit of imagination and some alternative equipment, I could accomplish my own workouts in my own apartment. The heavy, solid coffee table in front of my sofa is the perfect height and width to double as a workout bench. The mirror in my bedroom is perfect for watching my form. So I bought a yoga mat, and then started searching all over Florence for a sports store that might sell manubri (dumbells). After a 2 month search, I finally found one today! Except that the store is located some 10K away. Transporting the manubri would be a problem, since the baskets on my bike cannot hold much weight. Also, there are some hills and my bike only has one gear. So, today I made 4 round trips to the store, to transport the manubri home. So now I have a standard set of dumbells to get me started. Only problem...it won't be long until I'll have to search for heavier weights, probably a barbell set. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the meantime, I will really enjoy working out with weights again and getting more lean.