pubblicitĂ 

pubblicitĂ 

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On My Way Home From Work

Today was the first time that I "led" a tour by myself and it sure didn't feel like work. I did a "Meet and Greet" for a Self-Guided tour. This means that you meet the clients at the bike store, fit them on their bikes, give them safety advice, review the maps, routes and highlights of the tour, and then you guide them out of the city. A van transports their luggage to the hotel, but that's it. Then they're on their own for a few days. But how you define "out of the city" is up to you. So, I took the opportunity to ride with them to Impruneta, a route that I've come to know well. Then they went on to Greve and Radda on their own. It really was something very special and gratifying to "work" with people who are on vacation, having fun and to be a memorable part of their experience. I also really enjoy telling people about Florence and Chianti, and to share with them some of the special secret places that I've discovered on the road. These clients were from South Carolina and D.C. and we really enjoyed our hours together. I feel like today I was baptized into this job....doing it solo without anyone else's help. The photo above was taken on the way home at Santa Croce, just a few minute walk from my house.